Bed and Breakfast Accommodation near Dartmouth and Dittisham
Welcome to Downton Lodge
“Still the best B&B in the South Hams”
Chris and Lesley, Tewkesbury
In March 2015 DOWNTON LODGE changed hands. The new owners Martin and Andrew continue to build on the reputation gained by the previous owners, Karen and Ian, and continue to extend a warm welcome to you at Downton Lodge near Dittisham, Dartmouth. Redecoration and refurbishment of the rooms has been undertaken and is complete, Please enquire availability using the contact form available and/or telephone 01803 722252 (mobile 07860 725188) we will endeavour to meet your requirements and respond as quickly as possible.
If you value, quality and comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation in a relaxed, tranquil and idyllically beautiful country setting, come to Downton Lodge, Dittisham, Dartmouth.
“Great B&B. A real find. Ideal location and wonderful hosts”
Richard and Rhonwen, Bidford-on-Avon
- Downton Lodge has been meticulously and faithfully restored and refurbished to its original period style whilst also including the many 21st century luxuries we all like to enjoy
- Downton Lodge provides a wonderfully convenient base from which to explore the scenic gem that is the South Hams
- We are set in a secluded position down a peaceful rural farm lane – just a mile from the charming village of Dittisham with its two excellent pubs, village shop and access to the river Dart in Dartmouth
- Only 10 minutes drive to the historic port of Dartmouth with its extensive range of shops, restaurants and cafes
- Within a short drive through the rolling South Hams countryside you can access many beautiful towns, villages, beaches and coastal paths. The splendour of Dartmoor is also readily accessible.
“Fabulous home and hosts! De-stressed us and left us wanting more of the same!”
Jon and Carol, Salisbury
- 2 doubles and 1 twin – all en-suite; two with balconies
- Lounge for exclusive use of guests
- Ample safe parking (and Free parking space in Dartmouth)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Glorious walks right from the door
- Panoramic views of rolling Devon countryside toward Kingswear with a backdrop formed by the entrance to the river at Dartmouth and the sea beyond
“After a truly wonderful weekend this will be our special place”
Alyson and Dennis, Salisbury
(Available Soon) New For Summer 2017 Self Contained, Private Self Catering, Sleeps Two. (please enquire details)